Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspaces, Guests and Command Libraries

Lyndsey Fletcher January 12, 2022

Hello community!

I am hoping someone can tell if this solution would work.

My business is Planning and Productivity. We have our own designed planning method. Historically we have sold paper planners but there has been a demand for an automated digital planner to support our method.

I have already developed this with all of the associated rules….now I just need to figure out how to share that…. 

Will this work….

Create a standard plan workspace…. Have one planner board per client (board guest) put the rules into a command library… share the library with board guests?

Many Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Lyndsey Fletcher 👋

It's a really interesting question and great use case for command libraries! Currently, only users in the same Trello Standard or Premium Workspace can see and use your shared libraries. This means clients who are board guests wouldn't be able to see and use the shared library.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Lyndsey Fletcher January 12, 2022

Thanks @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ any advice for a solution at this time? 

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

A manual process would be to potential create a document that the client can follow to set up their own commands within their boards. 

The other option is to add them as users of the Workspace but that could create issues around information security. Unfortunately the command library has been developed more for internal teams within a workspace/organisation rather than external collaboration. 

I'd also consider raising a feature request as I'm sure there's many members that would love this functionality.  To do this I'd recommend reading Trello's guide on how to submit a feature request here >> https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events