Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a limit on the number of work spaces you can create?

Stephanie Lodie November 11, 2020

Since Trello is moving to this workspace model where you can only have 10 boards per workspace is there going to be a limit on the number of workspaces you can have as a free customer? Is the option to have an admin free on these boards?

This is a major change in the way I use Trello so if I have to re-learn how to use the platform there really isn't anything keeping me from learning a different new platform.

I was also 80% ready to start paying for Trello, so if I were to be a paying customer would I still be limited to 10 boards per workspace?

At this point I'm trying to decide if Trello is worth the cost. The product is awesome but the 10 board limitation is less than stellar and there seems to be no email or prior notification of this change. I've lost some trust with you guys. However. I at least would like to give y'all the benefit of the doubt since you have been great so far (except for Atlassian) and you do resonate with my own personal ideals (jury still out on Atlassian).

It boils down to I'm 50/50 on going or staying but your past behavior makes me want to at least give you an chance. 

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

No, there is no limit on the number of free workspaces you can have. 

You can make someone an admin on your board if you like. I’m not sure I understand the question. 

A business class workspace is not limited to 10 boards.  There are also a ton of other features that are available on Business Class boards (like seeing cards across multiple boards with the workspace table view, the upcoming timeline view, advanced checklists, etc). 

FireFancy November 11, 2020

I wasn't notified of changes to Trello today either and I was confused. I tried to make a new private board like I normally do to help structure my day. But it would only allow me to create a board within a team. Currently I only have 1 private team and I never had much use for it. I only ever created private boards not associated with a team.

I thought I had reached a limit to how many private boards I could have, so I just deleted a bunch of old empty boards. I didn't realize that Trello was changing how boards and teams are handled.

As just a normal person (not a business owner or anything,) I just use Trello to create private boards for keeping track of normal every day things, like favorite meals, monthly to do lists, and project planners for arts and crafts. I rely on Trello almost every day to help me stay organized.

I didn't receive any emails or see any blog announcements that Trello was changing to have workspaces with a cap of 10 boards per team... $120 dollars per year is a bit steep for business class for one year for one user.... I'm not keen on these changes.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events