Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would I want to pay for Team Members?

Kaylyn Griffin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2021

Question - If I choose Business account, can I still add people to boards without them being "team members". I have some people that would not want to pay the business account price? However, I want to use the business features for myself. 

Free Account - My understanding is I can have a free account and invite as many people as I want to a board. They can have different permission levels to edit, delete or view only. This costs $0 for everyone involved but does limit number of boards and power ups among other things.

Business Account - More features and services, costs approx $13/month, each person I add to my team costs an additional fee. 

I'm really confused lol. 

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Each "Team" (soon to be named Workspace) starts out as free, but can be upgraded to Business Class.

If you pay to upgrade a Team, then you pay for all the people in the Team to have access to the paid features that are applied to that Team.  The only exception is if you add a person to ONLY ONE board, you do not have to pay for them.

If you do not upgrade the Team, then all the boards in the team are subject to the free restrictions.

So you have 3 choices:

1. Pay for the people you collaborate with and get all the features by using  a Team/Workspace.

2. Only put people you don't want to pay for into only ONE BOARD, and they won't be charged for.  

3. Use free Teams/Workspaces for the work that doesn't need the paid features.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events