Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't my checklist item being marked off?

Ashish Dobriyal October 25, 2023

I'm new to Trello been using it for the past week and having trouble figuring this out.  I have 3 Lists they are called Order Steps, Tasks and Completed.

In the Order Steps list I have Cards that have checklists in them called Sub Tasks and Prereq, I have rule that whenever I add something in a checklist to create a new card in Tasks List.

Here is a list of rules I have:

1.when an item is added to checklist "Sub Tasks" by anyone, convert the item to a linked card in list "Tasks" 

2.when an item is added to checklist "Sub Tasks" by anyone, find a card titled "{checklistitemname}" in list "Order Steps", and link the card with the item 

3.when a card is moved into list "Completed" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}" in checklist "Sub Tasks" 

4.when checklist "Sub Tasks" is completed in a card by anyone, move the card to the bottom of list "Completed" 

5.when a card is moved into list "Completed" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}" in checklist "Prereq" 

6.when an item is added to checklist "Prereq" by anyone, find a card titled "{checklistitemname}" in list "Tasks", and link the card with the item 

7.when checklist "Prereq" is completed in a card by anyone, remove the red label from the card, add the green label to the card, and post comment "Begin Next Step" 

8.when a card is moved into list "Completed" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}" in checklist "Prereq" 

My problem is that when I move something from the Task list to Completed list it gets marked off in Order Steps List with the respective item in the checklist, so it does what I want it too,  but in the Tasks list the cards that have the Prereq checklist do not get marked off not sure what rule I'm missing , not even sure if i need all the rules I have in place either. Prereq (prerequisites) checklist uses the same things as the subtask. Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2023

Hi Ashish! Have you confirmed the names line up? Sometimes if there is an extra space after the name of the checklist in the rule, or after the name in the checklist itself, then the rule won't find it.

For example - "Prereq " vs. "Prereq". 

If the rule and process for each card is the same, and one is working but the other isn't then, that's what I'd check first!

If everything looks good there, then I'd suggest opening a ticket from trello.com/contact and we can have a closer look on the support side.

Ashish Dobriyal October 27, 2023

Thanks Cody. That was it, guess I had an additional space or something in the Checklist title, automation works perfectly now.

Like Cody C. likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events