Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the "free plan" not free?

Gerhard_M_ May 15, 2020

I use Trello in the free version with 4 users and one app (Chronos). After we have worked with it for some time, the app Chronos was been shut down, with the given reason that Altlassing has to earn money especially due to Corona. We are said to pay a usage fee to be able to use Chronos again. Alternatively, we should reset Chronos so that we can use it again for a while. 

So a problem-free use is not possible for free.

Why is this not mentioned anywhere?

2 answers

3 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2020

We have an app marketplace called Power-Ups. Sounds like you installed one of them but that isn’t Atlassian (or Trello) trying to charge you. 

Gerhard_M_ May 18, 2020

Before I installed Chronos, I was told that I could add now one app for free. After that I was informed that the contingent was exhausted: "This board has reached the maximum number of power-ups.". The description of Chronos does not contain any reference to fees. Sorry that this is all quite confusing for me.

I understand, that a company should earn money for services. Not a problem. My company also charges such fees itself. However, I think transparency is important. Otherwise, I could be annoyed if I feel I have fallen into a trap.

3 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020

Chronos is a third-party paid plugin. It does not exist in default Trello as far as I am aware. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events