Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the creator of a card sometimes not shown?

Mark Jeronimus September 16, 2022

How can I guarantee that the creator of cards is consistently shown across all users of Trello web?

trello-no-creator.jpg

I just got scolded at work because I parked a card with quality issues (not the pictured one) in another list and they told me I should have personally gone to the creator of the card and tell him to fix it. I told him there was no way for me to know the creator. Long pause, and he showed me on his screen where I can find the author. I was stunned as in that location I have nothing. On his screen it said "<creator> added card to <list>" along with a profile picture and date. I showed him my screen and he was just as puzzled. I tried different browsers including the one he uses, and tried incognito mode with plugins disabled. As far as I can tell there's no difference except the accounts that are logged in.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

@Mark Jeronimus if you click "show details" it should show up. 

You could also create an automation rule that assign a member to a card as soon it's created, or posts a comment. Just use the variable {username} and that will reference the person who did it. Like this: 

image.png

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events