Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my link grey and unable to be clicked?

James Marland June 25, 2023

I have used Trello many times and normally I paste links into the cards.

This time I made a video with Descript and posted the link. I made sure the link was shareable. But when I post it into Trello it is not clickable. It is greyed out or has a grey highlight.

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

When I go into the card, copy the link I just pasted, then paste the link in Chrome browser it goes right to the video. 

I have done this same process repeatedly with the same video program (descript) on a board I don't own. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2023

Hey @James Marland - welcome to the Community!

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean here? 

James Marland June 27, 2023

Screenshot 2023-06-27 100525.pngScreenshot 2023-06-27 100545.pngScreenshot 2023-06-27 101145.pngScreenshot 2023-06-27 101344.png

James Marland June 27, 2023

The pictures above show my issue. There is one image with a greyed-out link that you can't click. 

There is another image of where I got the link (from the descript program). 

There is a blue link that looks the same as the link from the descript. It is the link from the URL in the crime browser and a picture of where I got that link. 

Why is the Descript link grey, and the URL link blue but they look the same? What am I missing?

The program I paste these links into right now is Trello. 

I don't know if this is a Trello issue or feature, a Descript issue, or just a me issue and I am doing something wrong. 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2023

Hi James, it looks like you've copied the link in in code format. Can you undo that formatting? 

James Marland June 28, 2023

I am not exactly sure how I copied it in code format. I just hit the button in Descript that said "link." Well, the picture of a chain link. How do you copy something in code format anyway? I don't know how to do that. On the flip side, how do you make sure you are not copying code?

Maybe paste it as plain text? I am at a loss. 

James

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2023

Hey James, I can't really comment on how you did it. My recommendation would be to remove it and repaste it. There's no need to apply any formatting to your link, if you just copy it in, it'll format itself. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events