Why is my board not showing on the move list?

Brittany York June 30, 2021

I moved a list to a new board without making a copy first and now when I try to move it back to the original board, that board is not showing up as an option on the move list. I am the admin on both boards. 

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

@Brittany York There are 2 reasons this might happen:

1) you're a member of the workspace and can see the board, but you haven't joined the board so you can't move cards into it, the solution is to join the board:

https://help.trello.com/article/1090-unable-to-edit-a-workspace-board

2) Your boards are in different workspaces, so the move card menu is not ordered alphabetically. This means that the board is there, but just hard to find. There are 2 options:

i) Add all your boards to the same workspace so they're ordered alphabetically or;

ii) Start typing the name of the board after opening the dropdown and it will move focus to the matching list item (this can be pretty finicky but if you can type fast and accurately enough you can actually find the specific list item) 

0 votes
Raegan Fordemwalt June 30, 2021

If you can't find it, I recommend using a "butler" card button to move it over. Even if it also doesn't show up as on option there, just typing it in should still, when you press the button, make it send. For this example below, whatever card you press the card button on will be send to "Board Name" regardless of if they're in the same team

butler.PNG

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2021

Are both boards in a Workspace? Same thing if both are in same workspace?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events