Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Trello creating lists that I haven’t made?is this a virus?

Kate Presnell May 6, 2023

My trello keeps adding new lists which I haven’t created. I just deleted one and then it added another one straight away. They’re always animal names. This one says “comfy koala”. Is this a virus in the system? 

5 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Phil Comelio May 8, 2023

Both my wife and I are seeing the same behaviour in our separate Trello accounts. Strangely all of the animals appear to be Australian.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriel Denton May 7, 2023

The only thing I’ve figured out is that the spontaneously generated animal list “hops” in  when I double click on the title of an existing list. There may be other actions that create this problem, but I’m not sure yet. 

MadStick May 8, 2023

Ah, you’re right, so it does! So strange.. 🤔😬

Sam May 9, 2023

Hi. 

In my case, those lists with animal names are triggered whenever I double tap either on the existing list names, blank spaces on the board, add card button, or any of the words you type in your card name field when you create a card. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jane May 8, 2023

I’m getting it too and never collaborate with anyone on my Trello account. It is freaking me out as you feel it is no longer private. I will move all my lists to a platform that feels more secure if a fix isn’t identified.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2023

Welcome to the atlassian community!

No, what you are seeing is down to another user or script, it is not you, or Trello. It could be a virus on someone's machine but the most likely explation is a script. 

MadStick May 8, 2023

I’m guessing it’s more likely to be a staff member’s script somewhere, if it’s not a virus/hack from the outside. In Australia by the sounds of it. Ring any bells? Annoyed/mistreated any staff lately? 🤔😬

Phil Comelio May 8, 2023

@MadStick My suspicion is that it’s some test code that hasn’t been disabled in production.

MadStick May 8, 2023

That kind of makes sense, except the cycling through different animal names thing is weird isn’t it. Why so many? 🤔

Phil Comelio May 8, 2023

Maybe they wanted to test scaling multiple columns and want to uniquely identify each column, and I’d guess the developer is Australian. All guesses though, I could be miles out.

Like MadStick likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

I've unaccepted my answer because we've now discovered that Atlassian have added this to some trello clients.

It's not Trello doing it (probably - I can't get any of my trello installs to do it in any of the browsers I use - chrome or firefox based), but it is the client.

Sam May 10, 2023

Try double tapping on list names/blanks in the recent version of Trello iOS app. 

1 vote
Jane May 9, 2023

Unfortunately it is a new feature. I have asked if it can be disabled but got this reply 

“I know it's not the best news, but there isn't a way to disable this feature currently. We've raised this with the development team though, since there has been a bit of confusion about it, and they're planning on either disabling it or revamping it to make it a bit more clear what's happening when that new list is created.

For now, double-tapping on the screen in iOS will create a new list. I don't have an exact timeline, but there should be some changes coming in this regard in the near future!”

MadStick May 9, 2023

They're fibbing, no way is that an intentional new feature implemented correctly! The way this is being handled is really putting me off them. Take ownership! Anything else is a really bad look.  

Like Sam likes this
Sam May 9, 2023

That "new feature" reply is a blatant hand-waving, and the double tap bug itself obviously couldn't have been intentional. 

Like MadStick likes this
Jane May 9, 2023

Suggest you contact them directly as I have done. I am only passing on their response.

Sam May 10, 2023

Submitted a bug report. Got the similar kind of answer, although they did say they might have it fixed very soon. 

Like MadStick likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events