Why is Trello trying to force a Google login?

Chip Taylor April 25, 2018
I login with email/password. Today Trello would not recognize my login. Gave me a message that my account appeared to be a Google login and to use the Google login button. But my Trello account is not linked to my Google account. I use my work email. I’ve tried resetting my password but don’t receive the email. I can’t access my Trello boards.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Hi Chip!

That sounds so frustrating - I’m sorry this has happened to you! Since you need account-specific help, my suggestion would be to file a support ticket at https://trello.com/contact

Make sure to scroll down and choose Ask Trello Support - that puts you in touch with Trello support staff.

I hope this helped, and that they’re able to work with you to resolve this soon!

Chip Taylor April 26, 2018

Thank you.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eric April 26, 2018

I am having the same problem.. 

Chip Taylor April 26, 2018

Here is what I learned: Trello forced a number of users to do a password reset because of a security breach elsewhere, but hackers were using those credentials to try to access our Trello accounts, hoping login info was the same.

Trello sent notices, but in my case, I had set up an Outlook rule to route Trello notifications to a special folder. I quit accessing notifications that way as I began using Trello more and forgot I had set up that rule.

As a result, Trello's notice and the emails responding to my password change requests were going to that folder. I was looking in my inbox and spam folder. Once I figured out where the notifications were going, then I was able to reset my password and get back to work.

My advice: Try to reset your password. You may have a notice from Trello in your spam folder or elsewhere. Trello support also provided this information, which I ended up not needing:

Please check your spam folder to see if the message may have ended up there as well. If it's not in your spam folder, you may need to contact your network administrators to see if the mail message is being blocked at the network level.

For more details, check out our article on Not receiving confirmation emails or password reset emails.

What we’d suggest is reaching out to the person who manages your email server, and asking them if it’s possible to whitelist emails from 168.245.13.144, 168.245.54.245, 167.89.99.8, and 168.245.0.189.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events