Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't the answers appear below the questions?

Andrés Sanz González May 26, 2020

I understand that the latest and most updated appear before, but the way of speaking that we have learned by applications such as WhatsApp and Telegram is that the most recent messages appear below. That is why it is difficult to establish a conversation for Trello.

To increase the usability of the platform, I would recommend that the messaging between members of a team be shown as a messaging application and in another tab, all the activity carried out on the card should be included.

#trello #usability #UX #UI

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

@Andrés Sanz González if you want to make your conversations and replies more effective in Trello, you might like to copy and paste what you're replying to then indent each paragraph by prepending it with ">". This allows you to create interleaved replies.

Having comments in ascending date order would be pretty unusable in the context of a Trello card, because you'd have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the card in order to see the most recent comments. This is different from a chat room where the expectation is that you will miss messages unless you're there to read them.

Andrés Sanz González May 30, 2020

Thank you very much for your prompt response. It is true everything you tell me, but that is solvable with a window with its own scroll and the most recent comments were visible when opening the card. That way, the user can scroll up to see older comments.

I think that an internal scroll helps to keep in view the information of the card at the same time that the user can compare that information with the chat and the activity section.

I insist on this topic because I think that users have to make a great mental effort to converse through the cards. Likewise, the activity information is mixed with the dialogue and a long scroll is formed easely.
I think it would be a great advance in the methodology of the work.

Let me show you a quick examples that what I have on mind. I hope this will help you and Im greatfull for your hard work, you have made an amazing app.Web 1920 – 1.jpgWeb 1920 – 2.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events