Why does the app open to an archived card by default?

Shelley Steigerwald December 9, 2020

I have the Mac app and every time I launch it, the first screen that appears is an archived card from 2 months ago. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue? 

I removed myself from the card. I sent it back to the board and re-archived it. I sent it to a different board (this caused the app to open to the new board). I deleted the card entirely.

Now when I open the app I get a "Card not found" blank screen.

How can I control what the first view is upon launching the app?? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

You don't need to clear your cache. This is a feature of the Desktop app.  Go to the Boards menu in the Mac Menu Bar.  You will see "Reset Default Board".

THANK YOU!!! I must have hit a keyboard shortcut by accident at some point. It was driving me crazy. 

Resolved. 

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Shelley Steigerwald ,

You can try out this method

1. Open Finder, select the Go menu, and then click Go to Folder…
  2. Type in /Users/[YourUserName]/Library/Caches.
  3. Then, you'll see the user caches for all your apps.
  4. You can go into each folder, select the files inside, and drag them to the Trash.
0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Shelley Steigerwald ,

Welcome to the community!

Well, it can be a problem with cache!

In general, the last board/place that you visited on the Trello app on mac will be your launch screen when you open the app next time!

You can clear the cache & data of the app and re-login to your account. I hope it will solve your problem!

Thank you - do you know how to clear the app's cache & data? 

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events