Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does "moved this card lower" appear in card activity sometimes?

Jennifer Waterfall December 20, 2019

I drag cards up and down or left to right all the time. I sometimes move cards with the move button on the back of the card or the move button on the edit popup on the front of the card. None of these actions seem to add an activity to the card history. But, occasionally, I see "moved this card lower" in the card history.

What causes that to happen sometimes?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2019

Hi Jennifer,

Great question!

The short explanation is that almost every action you take on a board is recorded in some way, but the "moved this card lower" or "higher" aren't supposed to be shown usually. If you have a board open for a long time, you might see this come up, mostly because Trello's real-time update engine has limited filtering abilities. There's a more technical explanation, but suffice it to say that you, in general, should be seeing those items.

And, if you refresh the board, or open the card in a new tab, you'll almost certainly see the items go away!

Jennifer Waterfall December 23, 2019

I do leave my board open 24/7. And I also just noticed a whole bunch of "changed description of this card" entries in card activity. I opened card in a new tab and those are gone. Thanks! That was really triggering my OCD. LOL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events