Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Trello allow guest user access to multiple boards without warning of additional user fees?

Tyson Johnston
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2021

I purchased Trello business class on (4-23-2021) for an entire 12 month period. 

Fast forward to today (4/30/2021), I received another bill for business class user access for an entire 12 month period without my permission or request.

I began to research why I was being billed for an additional user after finding no way to talk directly with support staff. 

As it turns out, the gmail by cardbox B.O.T. was being recognized as a multi board guest therefore causing my account to be billed for an additional user without my permission and or any warning / alerts.

I have tried to reach out to Trello through contact support numerous times and it keeps deferring my request saying there is a problem accessing Trello's backend services therefore my ticket is not being created. 

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Tyson Johnston 

Sorry for the confusion about that charge, and for the trouble getting in touch with our team. I'll be happy to help you get things back on track.

First, I understand why charge that would come as a surprise, but please note that Trello doesn't have a way of knowing if an account belongs to something like a bot or a service, or a real person.

From Trello's perspective, a user was added as a multi-board guest, which resulted in a charge being processed. Business Class is billed per-member or multi-board guest, so every additional person you add will result in a prorated fee.

https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class

Regarding the contact form, it sounds like some of our resources could be getting blocked by a browser or network configuration. Normally, we'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps:

https://help.trello.com/article/736-troubleshooting-browser-issues-with-trello

For now though, I went ahead and created a ticket for you, which you should be able to find in your inbox. Let's move our conversation there and we can get everything else fixed up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events