Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the boards no longer stay alphabetized?

Kelly Fore Dixon March 30, 2021

After this recent upgrade, what can be done to keep the boards in a particular order? This is so annoying!

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Can you paste a screenshot so we can see which piece of the application you are looking at?

trello small.jpeg

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Jenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Kelly Fore Dixon , thanks so much for your feedback and for calling this to our attention - so sorry this change has been frustrating! We're actively working on the new sidebar navigation so it's incredibly helpful to hear this kind of feedback.

Currently, the way we show your boards in the new sidebar is based on the 20 most recently active, sorted alphabetically, followed by "Show more" if you have >20 boards. (See screenshot - you can see this on your own Trello board by refreshing). Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.40.10 PM.png 
When you select "Show more," the less active boards are appended to the list - but as you've called out, they're not "integrated" into the existing alphabetical sorting.

Unfortunately we don't currently have a way for you to drag and drop boards in the sidebar to effect the order they're shown, or for you to select a default sorting option for how boards appear in the sidebar (e.g. most recently active first, always alphabetically, etc.) We hope to offer more customization of the sidebar in the future, and would love to hear any specific options you'd like! 

Thanks so much!

Ugh. 

Most of my clients have 30+ boards. Why alphabetize only only the 20 most used boards? Wouldn't it be just as easy to set this perimeter at 100 (or more) to solve the problem?

My "ask" is to offer the following board organization options:

1) drag and drop

2) alphabetize

3) numerically **with the numbers going past 9** (boards numbered 10+ roll up to the top with the No. 1 board). This was an issue in the previous version. 

The 2nd issue is: I have a personal board that I am a member of that I can no longer find in Teams unless search for it in "Jump to..." or add it to my "Starred boards."

Also, I don't remember accepting the new upgrade. Was I given an option? Is it possible to revert to the previous version?

Thanks for your information.

Jenny
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2021

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for providing that context! We'll certainly keep these suggestions in mind as we explore more ways for users to customize what shows up in the sidebar.

Do you see a "Personal Boards" section at the bottom of the Teams dropdown? This should contain any personal boards you have that aren't currently part of a team. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 7.37.40 AM.png

We're rolling out the sidebar very incrementally in order to get feedback, though eventually all users will have the new navigation. If you'd like to be opted out of the Early Release in the meantime, please fill out this form.

Thanks so much again for all the feedback!

Cynthia Gilbertson December 31, 2022

Any progress on making the sidebar modify-able? We now have a lot of boards, and I'd really like drag and drop so I can organize them in a way that makes sense. My team is feeling like trello is too hard to use, and I want to do everything I can to make it more manageable! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events