Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do card checklists change from a copied checklist?

Jen L August 16, 2019

I keep running into this problem where I have copied checklists from one card to another. Old information that was deleted previously keeps adding itself to the new instances of the checklists, effectively making me want to pull my hair out. Is there a reason? Is this a bug? Save me time and energy, and a few strands of hair, by telling me there's an easy solution. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hey @Jen L 

Sorry to hear about that. 

Reiterating what @Nancy Creighton shared, changes to a copied checklist in one card won't affect any other cards where that same checklist is located.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of one of these original checklists along with one that is seemingly updated on its own please?

Jen L August 22, 2019

If it happens again I will, but right now I've had to change it as soon as it gets caught because it's a list for a farmhand to keep track of his tasks to do each day. Thanks for the help though.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nancy Creighton August 17, 2019

I'm hardly an expert, just spitballing here, but my thought is that when you first create and name a checklist, it becomes like a template. When you add the checklist to a new card, you are adding the original template to the card.

Seems to me that you change the checklist as you work, but for that card only, then you expect that the template has changed-- is that what's going on?

I don't know how to change the template, haven't needed to look for such a feature. But hopefully this thought of mine will give you a clue to the solution.

-- Nancy C.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events