Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to login twice since creating an atlassian account

Flo Jo January 11, 2021

Ever since creating an atalassian account (which I was begged to do on every login for a few month before that), now I have to login twice when accessing trello.com:

The first login is for atlassian, which forwards to a second login for trello.

I thought it might be bug and will be ironed out soon. But it persists.

Of course trello works as it should, but the accumulated time for a second pointless(?) login seems an odd design choice.

Can I avoide the second login on trello.com?

Or, alternatively, can I unlink the atlassian account to my trello account? So far I only got a worsened user experience with it. 

Any pointers are welcome.

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Flo Jo 

Why you do not go directly to your trello account, it will obviously ask for your credentials.?

If, as you say, you have it linked to your Atlassian account, you will enter without problems and you will avoid the previous step.

Go directly to trello.com and login

Cheers

David Stosik July 9, 2021

Please take a look at the first part of this video.

As you can see, from a signed-out state, I click on my bookmark to my board, and get the Trello sign-in form. Once I have entered my Trello email and password, I am redirected to the Atlassian sign-in form, prefilled with the same email address, but in which I have to enter another password (my Atlassian password). Hence I have to log in twice.

In the second part of the video, I show how you can bookmark the link of the Atlassian sign-in form (the second sign-in step), and how it will eventually lead to my board after having to sign in at most once.

It doesn't feel like a proper fix though (rather a workaround), as this bookmark does not keep the proper favicon of the board. Also, that bookmarks goes through multiple hoops, even when logged in, which makes it slow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events