Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't my team member see the Butler Power-Ups I created on the cards?

Elisa Palumbo June 11, 2019

Hi everyone! I'm new to power-ups and buttons. I recently created three automations that are buttons on the cards within a team board. My team member doesn't see them on their end. What am I doing wrong? Are power-ups user specific?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2019

Hi Elisa, and welcome to Community!

I think I had this same problem, and support sent me this KB article:  https://help.trello.com/article/1142-sharing-butler-buttons

Let me know if it solves your problem too.

Carolyn

Elisa Palumbo June 12, 2019

This worked for me, Carolyn. Thank you!!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2019

Awesome- so happy to share the solution with you :)

Paul Rosseel August 8, 2020

Had the same issue, now solved :o)

THANKS!!!

Ella Bowles March 1, 2021

Hello, I would like to be able to read this article " https://help.trello.com/article/1142-sharing-butler-buttons" to solve this problem for myself, but I am getting the not available message. Any idea where else I might find it?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dana Hillman May 24, 2021

Make sure the board and specific team members are added to a workspace.

After you create a Button, there are 3 options:

1. Enabled on this board
  2. Enabled on all boards on this workspace
  3. Shared with workspace

Check #1 and especially #3. I'm not sure if they need to be admin as well and unfortunately, I couldn't find an article to support this. I did have one of my teammates check and he confirmed he could see the Buttons I created as well as the commands for each. I hope this helps (at least until it's changed again).

0 votes
snim2 March 4, 2021
0 votes
D Symonds March 3, 2021

I'm like Ella and would love to know if there is an updated link around! 

Laura McDonald September 30, 2021

Same - the link snim2 shared March 4 redirects to the butler category, and I don't see anything about buttons there.

snim2 September 30, 2021
Kateryna Cuddeback October 15, 2021

I was hoping that I could share with my workspace, and then my colleagues would have the option of enabling the button on their board or not (to save button clutter).  But checking just the "3. Shared with workspace button" does not make the automation available on the other boards on the workspace.   I have to check "2. Enable on all boards in the workspace", but am not sure all the boards want it.

Is what I'm trying to do possible? am I missing something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events