Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I paste screenshots onto cards anymore?

Logan Brann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2023

Has anyone else had this issue?

In the past you could screenshot using the windows snipping tool, then paste onto a trello card and it would display as an image and as an attachment.

This no longer works as of this morning. 

7 answers

2 votes
thiy pasqthie June 21, 2023

Now it is working fine again, please check.. You can use copy & paste

Stephen Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2023

Confirmed working for me, too now.  Thanks for letting us know :) 

2 votes
Pioneer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2023

Just like the OP I am having no luck pasting screenshots into trello cards, albeit having done so for many months recently. PLEASE fix this issue- it's likely in the aftermath of the AWS outage. This is an enormous quality issue that affects our workflow on Trello and gets in the way of team collaboration.

2 votes
Linda - Beyond Signs June 20, 2023

Same here...quite annoying

1 vote
Stephen Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2023

I also came here looking for the fix or some more information as. like others have said, it just stopped working from one day to the next.  The only way is to save a screenshot as an image file and then upload it like an attachment.  Trello used to be super quick with the ability to paste snips out of the clipboard.

1 vote
Jocelyn Mireles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 19, 2023

I am also experience this same issue, while my colleagues can still use this method just fine on the same boards and cards. 

Using windows 11 & Google Chrome

Thanks

0 votes
thiy pasqthie June 21, 2023

A few months ago the same problem happened and a few days later it was ok.

Now, it is coming back again but there is another way to add a screenshot.

Instead of “copy/paste”, we can use the icon “image” in the description box.

And we can select the image among the “Recently uploaded” where we should find the last screenshot.

We can also select it as a cover.

If we cannot see the last screenshot we can press the window "key + V" and select the last screenshot.

Linda - Beyond Signs June 21, 2023

I still get the error message. The window key + V did bring up the recent clipboard but when I selected it, I still received the error.  Am I missing something?

Linda - Beyond Signs June 21, 2023

Weird as is sounds, if I do it twice in a row it works...? First I get the error, then I do it again and it pastes...thanks for the tips, my whole board is nothing but pasted logos and project images!

0 votes
Blake Penson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 21, 2023

Me too. its stopped me in my tracks as I use clipboard for almost every card

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events