cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add or share the board with my team even though I am a board admin

AIMEE KIRKLAND
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2022

I have recently taken over a project and the previous admin has transferred board admin permissions to me. I have the blue and white chevron in the bottom right corner of my Initials too so I defiantly know the admin rights have been transferred.

However, I still have no way of sharing the board with new members of the team, or changing the visibility. It stills says 'Due to a restriction created by a Workspace admin, you cannot select this visibility.' 

Please can you suggest how I can get the correct permissions to share and add people to my board.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hey @AIMEE KIRKLAND,

The permissions to share a board will depend on the permissions set on the entire Workspace. So if your Workspace Admin (Not the board admin) has specified that you cannot change the board's visibility, then only the Workspace Admin is allowed to make this change for you. This also would include the permission to share the board with other users, which the Workspace Admin can impose.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events