Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the custom fields sorting options different on desktop and mobile?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

I noticed the other day that on the desktop browser, you only have these options for sorting custom fields: 

image.png

Aka, only the date fields. 

But the same list, on mobile has sorting options for other custom fields, like numbers, and text fields. 

IMG_2604A7C9FFF5-1.jpeg

Any idea why? I assume this is operating as expected and it's just a difference between mobile and browser based,  but just curious. 

My current workaround is using a board button that will sort the list by the custom field i want (inspector) that isn't available when i click the sort options on the list in the browser, so i don't necessarily need a fix but was just wondering if there's a reason those other custom field options are included natively in the list sort actions on desktop but are in mobile.

1 answer

1 vote
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2022

Hey @Brittany Joiner,

Good question indeed! But sadly, I don't know why the mobile version has these additional options to sort your custom fields vs. the web version. So I will pass on your feedback to our team and verify why there's this difference between them.

I'll keep you posted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events