Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not getting butler notifications?

Adam Volpe August 9, 2021

I have built several automation cues using Butler. One cue for example is when an item from a checklist is checked, a message @someone is sent to notify them it's their turn to pick up the ball. Another is when a card is moved from one list to another it notifies certain team members that the card is ready for processing. These all work perfectly fine except I myself do not get a notification even though my @Name is included in the message. I tried having another team member activate it to see if it was just a redundancy protection but no, I still was not notified. Why is this and how can I fix? 

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2021

Sorry for any lack of clarity with this - when Butler triggers those actions, it's performing them on your behalf because you're the person that created that rule. The quirk is that actions you perform don't generate notifications for you, even if they're done through Butler. This is why you're not getting those notifications sent.

One workaround would be to add another Butler rule that sends you an email when you trigger the notification specifically. Alternatively, you could have a colleague create a similar rule, but have them set it so it would only trigger when you perform those actions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events