Why I am unable to install trello on windows 10 ?

Abdul Moeed Qureshi August 10, 2021

I have been using the web version but i need it as app so that it can stay on my desktop and the taskbar. It will create ease for me. But the trello setup link does not respond on the Microsoft store, it does not respond at all. Please suggest the solution, because from 3rd party websites, I am unable to do the same. Windows version i am using is pasted below in the picture. 

Windows version.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hey @Abdul Moeed Qureshi 

I see you're running the Enterprise edition of Windows 10 - Trello's Windows app is distributed exclusively via the Microsoft Store. Can you open up the Microsoft Store and search for Trello?

If you're missing the Microsoft Store from your installed applications, possibly your administrator has blocked access?

Abdul Moeed Qureshi August 12, 2021

Thank you for getting back Felix. I believe this is not the case here. I can open microsoft store from browser. When i search for trello, it shows in the results. I have an option to press "GET" from the UI but when i press GET, nothing happens, no download message pops up. I hope you can understand my problem now.  See the screenshot as well please. 

Trello problem.JPG

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2021

You need to be able to open up the Microsoft Store app on your computer. Not in the browser.

When you press "Get" on the website, it'll try to open up the Microsoft Store app, normally. If that's not happening, you might not have access to Microsoft Store apps (again, likely due to Enterprise configuration on your machine).

Abdul Moeed Qureshi August 12, 2021

Upon an advice from a success story posted at GitHub for resolving the same issue, i have followed these below steps but in my case, i have not been successful

First click Start > settings> open "Udate & Security", click on "For developers".

You'll see (by default) checked "Microsoft Store apps".

Check "Developer mode", allow it after Windows prompt. When accepted  restart your PC.

Follow the link

https://github.com/kkkgo/LTSB-Add-MicrosoftStore 

Click on green "clone or download" 'button' and choose "download zip"

when downloaded > extract > open extracted folder > right click on "Add-store" and "Run as administrator". Wait a minute or two until it says "done. press any key to exit"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events