Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which plan is best for 20 users / members?

Nancy Morris February 7, 2023

I'm newly using the free account but have a project that involves up to 12 others. Many will not need to edit or change content on the board (a single board within the workspace) but I can't seem to confirm the number of people who can actually use / edit the board in the free plan. It is also a short-term not-for-profit project so there is no significant budget for standard or premium "per user" costs.

Could someone please confirm for me how many members / users (is there a difference between the two) I can have on the free plan?

Also, I understand that many others observe the board without being able to edit. Is that correct?

Thanks, and thanks for your patience with such a basic question :)

Nancy

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

@Nancy Morris 

The key dependency on make a plan decision would not be the number of members but the features you need to use for your boards. For example if you are using custom fields, this is only available on standard plan. If you need to have observers, then a Premium plan is required. Do note that you do not need to pay for Single Board Guest. Those would be the key considerations since you are only have one board. 

Thank you for the information :) It is really the basic features that I'm after and don't really need anything other than a simple board. I believe the free plan allows 10 users/members (those who could edit or add to a card, for example. Is that correct?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

@Nancy Morris 

I don't think there is a limit on members but a free workspace can only have 10 boards.

Thank you so much. On a Google search for the answer, another response someone in this community was 10 boards and 10 users per board. But I only saw that mentioned once. Tech.co mentions in a review of Trello for project management that it is unlimited users, even on the free plan.

I'll go with that with wishfully crossed fingers LOL

Thanks again.

Nancy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events