Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card variable can I reference in the Cascade "Collect all cards..." command?

Benjamin Nagy August 28, 2020

I am trying to write a rule that uses the "Collect all cards..." Cascade command, and I am trying to figure out how to reference attributes of each card being "collected". Specifically I'd like to get the original list name that the card is being collected from so that card can be added as a linked checklist item to a checklist with that name (which will be created by this command).

I have tried "{cardlistname}" (which refers to the card the list of the card the checklist is being added to), "{sourcecardlistname}", "{foundcardlistname}", "{multipliercardlistname}", and even "{triggercardlistname}" but the command procedure errors out indicating there is no list available.  If I add the lists with explicit names prior to this command in the same procedure, "{sourcecardlistname}" refers to the explicit name of the most recent list added during the procedure.

Any ideas on how I can make this work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

@Benjamin Nagy you won't have access to card variables until you do "for each card linked from checklist". In fact, in the new Butler collecting cards into a linked checklist and then looping through them that way is the only way to iterate over a list of cards.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

@Benjamin Nagy  Just add a cautionary note about the variable {cardlistname} it is documented that it is not always variable. 🤞

Benjamin Nagy August 28, 2020

Thanks for the help @Iain Dooley @milynnus!  I accomplished what I intended by doing the following:

when a card with a name starting with "Target" is added to list "Shopping List", collect all cards not in list "Done" with the red "Target" label into linked items in checklist "Start", for each checklist item in a checklist named "Start", lookup a card with link "{checklistitemname}", add item "{checklistitemname}" to checklist "{foundcardlistname}", and remove the "Start" checklist from the card

I don't know how to add the last command 'remove the "Start" checklist from the card' so that it's outside the 'for each' loop, and so I assume the procedure attempts to remove that checklist with every iteration, but nevertheless the procedure worked as intended!

Like # people like this
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

@Benjamin Nagy  Congrats.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events