Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has Search/Filter by Label gone from the Menu on updated Trello desktop?

Richard Denyer-Bewick October 15, 2021

EDIT: RESOLVED - quitting browser and restarting showed the new Filter feature 

It used to be in the menu section as "Search Cards' or something like that. A bit confusing to find but it worked at least. Now you need to use a keyboard shortcut "f" to filter cards but there is zero on the desktop version to point you to this functionality. Not user friendly at all. Come on Trello, why did you take this functionality away? 

Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 10.54.42.png

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2021

Hey @Richard Denyer-Bewick 

the feature's not been removed, the button for filtering cards has moved out of the right-hand side board menu, and into a more easily accessible spot: the board header.

You should be seeing the new "Filter" button in the header:

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 9.10.02 AM.png

Richard Denyer-Bewick October 15, 2021

AWESOME!!! Thanks - it wasn't there but after quitting my browser and restarting, magic! it showed up, thank you :-) 

Meagan October 18, 2021

So, I clicked on the small dotted box on the left hand side and clicked on the Trello option and now the Filter Icon has appeared on the header.

Thank you for your help. Still wish it was on the search tab.

Like Richard Denyer-Bewick likes this
Sarah Smallwood October 19, 2021

I had the filter button Friday and now Tuesday morning, I'm back to search button with no filter. Is it staying or going?

Like # people like this
Deleted user October 19, 2021

I have the same issue - I had the filter button Friday and now Tuesday morning, I'm back to search button with no filter. Is it staying or going?

P.S. I loved it being front and center and not barried in a menu.

Like # people like this
Meagan October 19, 2021

I now have the same thing happening. Yesterday I had the Filter and today it is gone and the search is back in the Search Menu 

joelcohen November 1, 2021

It also took me a while to find this.
But Trello just made it more complex to filter by labels. This used to be so simple, now the labels are at the bottom of this new filter window, with a very crowded scroll (I'm a heave user of labels).

Have you got similar feedback? please do something about it.

Like # people like this
Richard Denyer-Bewick November 1, 2021

agree with these points above - the new Filter button keeps coming and going from the top menu. Sometimes I have to quit / restart my browser to get it back. Also now the Label filtering within the new menu is crowded at the bottom and doesn't display them all without an extra click - not so user friendly

Like # people like this
Michael Corbit November 15, 2021

I agree! This new layout is no help to me. Rather it has slowed down my workflow by not only making me scroll to the bottom, but then I have to also click on a drop-down to expose all the labels.

I never use the Member  or "Due Date" selections.  A few possible solutions. One, use tabs to get to the different filter sections. Two, make the other sections drop-downs. Three, allow the user to arrange the sections in the order that allows for their best work flow.

0 votes
kit October 31, 2021

Can't find eithe the filter button either on the board and or the menu. Using Trello App on mac. Any idea?

Schermata 2021-10-31 alle 11.02.33.pngSchermata 2021-10-31 alle 11.02.45.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events