Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When updating description all original text disappears

Sara Diamond June 17, 2022

When I click in the description area on the trello card, all the text that was originally there disappears.  In the past, I would click, make changes and click on the save button.  Has something changed?  I should be able to click edit in the description field and add new text or old text without the old text totally disappearing.  This is happening on two out of three boards in our company's group.

2 answers

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Sara Diamond

I'm sorry for the trouble, the Planyway extension was indeed responsible for this behavior. We've submitted the fix, and the new version of the Planyway Extension for Chrome is on Google review. 

We expect the updated version to be available in the Chrome store starting from tomorrow. In the meantime, you can access Planyway as a Power-Up or the web app. The same content will be shown in any version of Planyway.

I'll update the reply once the updated extension is out. Let me know in case you have any concerns left.

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

@Sara Diamond

Good news! The updated Planyway extension for Chrome has passed Google's review and was submitted to the Chrome Store. 

You can re-install the extension if it was removed, otherwise, the page refresh would suffice. Let me know in case the problem persists.

0 votes
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2022

That should not be happening. Could be a bug. Please file a support case and include details on which board is this issue happening- https://trello.com/en-US/contact#/

MarcusEllis __
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2022

+1 This definitely sounds like a bug. Opening a support ticket would be the best way for us to get to the bottom of this and get it fixed up.

Thanks!

MarcusEllis __
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2022

Hi Sara, 

I wanted to let you know that we've had a few other reports of this issue and the common thread between those reports is all of those users are also using the Planyway power-up and/or Chrome extension.

If you have that Chrome extension installed, you might try disabling that temporarily to see if that fixes the issue.

Some users have also reported that enabling our new Rich Text Editor for card descriptions also solves the issue. You can opt in to that feature by navigating to https://trello.com/my/labs and enabling it there.

Please let us know if either of these solutions help.

Thanks again!

Like Sara Diamond likes this
Sara Diamond June 20, 2022

We both use Planyway power-up.  I went into my extension and turned off "Planyway: Project Calendar for Trello".  I refreshed Trello, pulled up a card and it allowed me to click into the description area without it disappearing.  If I turn this off, will Planyway still work?  I am unfamiliar with how all of this integrates together.  Any help you can provide would be great.  Otherwise, I will submit a support ticket like what is mentioned above. Thanks in advance.

Sara Diamond June 20, 2022

Enabling the rich text editor did the job.  I left planyway alone as we use this daily and I didn't know how removing the chrome extension would affect our work flow.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events