0 votes
Tjerk Oomen March 6, 2019

afbeelding.png

i figured the screenshot out ;-)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

@Tjerk Oomen what's probably happening is that your emails are being sent only with an HTML part, and without a plain text part. The plain text part is the only thing that will show in the comments when sending an email to a card.

Try sending your email in plain text and see if that makes a difference:

https://www.lifewire.com/plain-text-message-os-x-mail-1172840

Tjerk Oomen March 7, 2019

Hi Iain, thanks for your comments. I tried your suggestion.

If i start a new email, and convert it to plain text, and send it to a card, not only the header is shown, als the text, so this seems to work, however there is no link back to the orinally email, and if i try to do the same with an email i have received, it doesn't work. First i change the text to plain text in the email, and then forward it to the card in trello, it only shows the header, and no text from the email.

Do you know how i can change this?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Tjerk

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

@Tjerk Oomen there's no concept in Trello's email to board or email to card of a "link back" to the email. The email gets received the same as any other email on their system.

Think about it this way: if I send you an email, do you have a link back to the email that I wrote in *my* system? No, you only have the copy you received :)

If you want a card created from emails you've received that links back to the original, and you use Gmail, you can use Benko Board which does precisely this (among other things):

https://trello.com/integrations/#/benkoboard

0 votes

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for reply.

i can send an email to a board, this works, however

I want to attache an email to a specific card.

By click on this card, i can copy the mail adress from the specific card

When i forward my mail to this adress, the header apears on the card, but not the content of the mail, also there is no link back to the specific mail.

I use mail on a mac.

Do you know what i do wrong? thanks in advance

btw, i try to add a screenshot to this reply for you, but this doesn't seem to work.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Thanks @Tjerk Oomen for the additional details and screenshot. I don't think Trello has the capability to see large icon view inside the card for documents (only for images) @Iain Dooley are you aware?

Thanks,

Jodi

Thanks Jodi for your reply.

I am not suggesting to see the image on the card if it is not open.

What i mean is that once i open the card, i should be able to see the contents of the email which is attached, mainly plain text of an email, i wachted several youtube films where this was done.

If i forward an email to a board, it makes a card on that board, if i open the card i can see the content of the email. The same should be possible if you forward the emial directly to a card, the header of the emial appears than in the card, unfortunatly without the contend of the email, or a link back to the specific email.

So i wander what am i missing here? is there some setting i should adjust, because it should be possible.

Thanks in advange, regards,

Tjerk

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

Hi @Tjerk Oomen if you cut and pasted the email into the description or comments of the card you would need to open the card to see the details. Did you use the board email to create the card? Please attach a screen shot so I can see what you are referring to.
Thanks,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events