When emailing to a card, can Trello use the sender of the email as the user commenting

We like to have email chains linked to Trello cards. So if we are corresponding with a customer, we'll add the "Email for this card" to the CC field of the email. However, if more than one Trello user at our company is replying to the chain, they need to keep changing the CC field to their "Email for this card".

Is there any way to get an "Email for this card" that isn't tied to a user and/or have Trello recognize a Trello user in the From: field of email as the user adding the comment to the card?

1 answer

Hi Mark,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

I understand how that can feel cumbersome. Right now, I'm afraid there's not another solution to this than to manually change the card's email address. You could maybe try creating a new "generic" board member and grab that member's card email address. Then, type your name in the email when submitting your comment, or adding it on the signature. 

This being said, I'll share your interest in this with my team for their consideration

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at http://www.trello.com/dev

Cheers,

Marta

Matt (aka: Batman)

TRELLO • 25484 ANSWERS • 100% HELPFUL

Hello Jared 

My name is Matt, I am a Trello Expert. 

When you open a card, there's a "Share and more" button. Click that and it will give you the "email to card" address. emailing to the card will add a comment 

Thanks 
Matt

Matthew N Community Champion Mar 22, 2018

@Jared J. Wiese- looks like this is separate topics.  Emailing into the link for the card will create a comment from whomever's link it is.  So if you share your email-to-card link with someone and they send an email, it will appear as if you emailed the comment.

Thanks for clarifying!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,743 views 14 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you