Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When copying a card, how do I remove the check marks from my lists?

Cindy Boucher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2019

When I first started using Trello, I could copy a card to another list and all the check marks would be gone, so I could start fresh, on repetitive tasks, the next day.  Now, when I copy the card, the check marks don't go away, so I have to uncheck each item before I can begin again.  Does anyone know if there is a new way of copying cards so the items in my list will automatically disappear like they used to?

1 answer

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2019

Hey Cindy,

The issue you refer to is a known issue with the current version of Trello and our team is investigating. Right now, there's not an option to change the behavior. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

While we're working on that, could you create a separate checklist that could act as the template? Then, you can make copies of that undone checklist over and over so you won't end up having to uncheck all the boxes. Give it a shot and let me know what you think :)

Cindy Boucher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2019

Thank you, Blair!

That's a good idea.  It's taking some time, since I use several cards with lists over and over.  But once I have the templates created, it will be better than having to uncheck everything when I copy the cards.

How will I know when this issue is fixed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events