Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I make a card and put information in description, someone else opens it and it deletes.

Bethany November 30, 2022

This has been a huge problem the last few weeks.  I have multiple people on trello, different types of phones, etc.  When I make cards and we update descriptions daily, we use it like notes, when some people open up the description section, past information disappears.  It's not everyone, just some of them. They see it half a second and it just deletes itself the first time they open up that new card.  Please help!  We are doing this all by our phones.

We tried an experiment where we used a computer to enter info and it seemed to help.  My information through the computer wouldn't delete, but that isn't practical for us.   

1 answer

0 votes
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Bethany 

Welcome to the Community!

I wanted to get a little bit of clarification on your issue. Initially I thought this might just be a network connectivity issue. But from what you've described it sounds like you have multiple people operating out of the board and making changes to the descriptions at the same time. Is this the case? or is one person making changes to the description and everyone else is using it as a reference?

If it's the former, that could potentially be the issue. You might try shifting your process to using the comments instead of the description if you're able. Also, is everyone using the Trello mobile app or a browser, or some combination of the two?

Bethany November 30, 2022

Thank you!

We use it to update notes daily on a task.  We only recently had this trouble.  I guess I will just come up with a new way to do it. Everyone is using the app. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events