Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to set up a card that includes contact information for a customer?

Rafael Stella
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

Hello - I want to set up a board for project management.I have a print shop so I have lists that start from "New Order" to "in progress" to approved for print" and "ready for pick up"

I need to set up a card that includes contact information for the customer including email. My goal is to set up an automation that sends an email to the customer when the card is moved into a "Ready for pick up" list.  

I use gmail for my business email. I want my email to appear on the emails that get sent by the automation.

Any templates anyone can suggest? Thanks in advance. 

3 answers

0 votes
Alberto Estévez August 23, 2023

Hi @Rafael Stella 

This is Alberto from Crmble, and I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to share some insights about Crmble, our CRM Power-up tailored for Trello. It might be worth considering for optimizing your workflow.

With Crmble, you have the ability to seamlessly integrate CRM functionalities into your Trello boards. You can effortlessly attach one or multiple Contacts to your cards, streamlining your communications. Furthermore, Crmble allows you to connect your Gmail account and create customized email templates, simplifying the process of sending emails directly from your cards to their associated contacts.

While we're continuously improving our features, it's important to note that we currently do not offer an automation feature for sending emails when cards are moved to specific lists. However, for managing smaller sets of cards, many users have found our email templates to be highly effective.

Should you have any further questions or require more information about Crmble and its capabilities, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers!

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2023

Hi @Rafael Stella👋 Welcome to the community!

Christl from Email for Trello here. I'll try answer all your questions here below:

- It possible to integrate your existing email address with Trello so you can send and receive emails from Trello, using your own custom email address.

- Contact details are added to the card automatically but can also but updated, viewed or imported at any time. You can also add notes to your contacts or group them by organisation. Check out this article for more information on our CRM features.

- It's also possible to automate emails. We actually have an article about a similar example, i.e. automatically send an email when you drag a card to a certain list. Check it out here: Drag a Trello card to send an email. You might find this post useful too: Automatically send timed follow-up emails from Trello  (e.g. follow-up on a collection after x amount of time.).

- You can include card details (e.g. due date, order number, item to be collected etc.) in your email using variables

Hope that helps!

You're welcome to pop over any questions to hello@sendboard.com or add the Email for Trello PowerUp to give it a try with the free trial.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2023

@Rafael Stella 

You want to use a power up like Contalist or use Zapier to send the email by connecting the trigger to gmail. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events