What is the best way to collaborate on documents? Not all of us have a gmail.

Michele Kelly November 26, 2018

We are a content company with multiple people working on documents virtually. We use Trello to manage our content calendar, but we are still emailing documents back and forth and it is a PAIN. We need a definitive place where multiple people can chatter and edit on a single document. Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

@Michele Kelly you can still use Google Docs, just share it so that anyone with the link can comment or edit, no sign in required:

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2494822?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Hi @Iain Dooley,

I appreciate this. I've always loved Google everything because it's so user friendly. Thank you so much,

Michele

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

Hello @Michele Kelly!

The most obvious answer to me is to add Confluence as your document tool.  It has concurrent editing, a very friendly editor, supports many languages, etc.  The comments section below the page content is a great place to record ideas, feedback, approvals, discussions, decisions, etc.

If you're already using something like Google, I believe the Google document tool also has concurrent editing but no comments function.

Here's a link to a YouTube playlist of short Confluence videos to give you an idea of how the tool can help you.

Here's a link to the "Get Started" page which has lots of good info too:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/get-started-777010817.html

Hope this helps,
~~Larry Brock

Thank you, @LarryBrock!! Funny, I just signed up for a free trial for Confluence. We are a small content and brand storytelling agency. I hope we are not too small for Confluence. It seems Enterprise-worthy. Again, many thanks.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2018

You're welcome @Michele Kelly.  The cloud version of Confluence should be simple enough to use for your agency and has the advantage of being a tool you can use regardless of how big you may grow.  Glad I could be of assistance!

Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2018

@Michele Kelly I know I'm late to the party here but just came across this, and as a content marketer myself at Atlassian, I +1 @LarryBrock's comment! Our content team uses Confluence to draft all of our content and provide feedback through inline comments and page comments. We use a table at the top of the page to document publish date, focus keyword, author, reviewer, etc. and then draft the content below (provided a screenshot for an old post we did a few weeks ago).

In regards to team size, especially with cloud, it should still work for you!

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 3.36.49 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events