What is best way to store contacts?

Cindy Berndt March 28, 2023

New to Trello

What do you recommend as best way to store a list of outside contacts/contact info on each project board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi Cindy,

I hope you are well.  

Trello is not the best database in the world. Its not really designed to be one but that doesn't mean it can't be. 

I have build some functionality in Trello to allow it to be used as a database.  

I have a Clients board which has all of my clients, in alphabetical lists. Custom fields include all of the core client info, Company name, email, phone....

I have a contacts board which has all my contacts, same sort of information but add a few fields like contact preference, birthday...

I have a Projects board with all my projects

I then have automation set up to link them all together, so I can:

• For all my clients, I can add multiple contacts to the client card
  • I can add a client to projects
  • All are linked through so I can see at any level what is going on
    • When a project is completed, it is shown on the clients card
    • When it is a contacts birthday, it can post a message on the clients card
    • If a user working on the project needs some client contact information, they can click a button and the information is posted on the project card as a comment

I was going to send you some screenshots but I don't have a demo version of this, just one with real client information on.  If you are interested in hearing more, I will create one with dummy information...

Cindy Berndt March 30, 2023

Thank you so much! Great detail. I appreciate your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events