What is best way to set up Trello for group art exhibit with individual and group deadlines?

JoAnn Moran March 29, 2018

This is an ongoing traveling exhibit. I have set up boards for each artist. Each board has the same card headings for TO DO's with sequential columns for progressing to the done column. Each artist needs to submit. For example.  Artist Bio, Their individual Social Media links, 5 images of their artworks, artist statement, other professional services and more.

I want to put each artist progress into a gantt chart  so the main organizer can see the progress of each artists submissions/ completion for each card. For example Artist 1, 2 and 3 have completed submitting their artist bio, 5 and 6 have not but they have submitted their images . . .

There are artists that are part of one show but may not be part of the next show. 

I tried making a board for the first show, thinking I could make a gantt chart to have all artist cards copied and/or linked . . .but it does not look like that is possible . . . 

I don't know if I should have set the whole thing up differently . . . artist trying to be organized . . .can anyone help?

Any good youtube tutorials out there?

1 answer

1 vote
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Is there a business reason to have each artist on separate boards? having all of them on a single board with cards assigned to them would allow someone a birds eye view, and the ability to quickly drill down by card title or by assignee.

Also, a gantt chart implies a timeline. There are powerups that provide gantt charting abilities to Trello, but it requires that assignees commit to timelines. It sounds like each exhibit is a milestone event. From that milestone, you could determine when an artist bio needs to be "DONE" by asking how far ahead does that action need to be completed (for example, are other tasks dependent on that deliverable in order to start?).

Automation like ButlerBot could help simplify the process by, for example, creating the cards every time a member is added to the board. that way, you create your "artist" template once, and butler takes care of reproducing the recipe when you add an artist.

JoAnn Moran April 8, 2018

Hi, Thanks, I attached an image of an artist board. I am trying to get my brain around having one board with everyones name on one card but there is so much that they have to submit . .  images, bio artist statement, contact info and more stuff . . .I guess I could limit the amount of stuff on one board and add another for other stuff and so on and have all the artists on another board for additional info . . . 

Gantt is so I can see in one screen how far along they are at submitting all their stuff. 

Not all artists are versed, none actually , in these types of systems. It is our goal to eventually grow the collaborative and exhibits in many public/commercial spaces. I have other boards for the venues . . .  usually I have a good sense of process . . Trello does have a nice visual that works with my brain . .  having a Gantt of the progress would be nice. This is an ongoing process of shows and submissions and new artists. Ultimately, we are trying to create a data base of artists and their other artistic services. In an attempt to annihilate the term "starving artist"!Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 5.00.43 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events