Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a model/idmodel when creating a webhook?

Ryan January 6, 2021

Hi all,

I'm creating cards via the Trello API and I'm trying to create a Webhook on each card that calls my apps endpoint when the card is moved to a specific list.

When I create my webhook as per the documentation below, it returns 'invalid value for idModel'. My query sets the 'idModel' to the card ID I've just created.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-webhooks/#api-webhooks-post

Is the card id the model? i.e. depending on the context the model can be a card, list, board etc. whatever you want your webhook to relate to.

I can't find anywhere in the documentation that describes what a model is or can be.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

@Ryan you have understood it correctly. Depending on what webhook you are setting up, the idModel can be a card id, board id, list id or member id.

For card movement, you should set the idModel to list id. That would be how I look at card movement. If you set to card id, there will be lots of webhooks for the system to manage.

Ryan January 6, 2021

Perfect, thanks for confirming @milynnus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events