Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Butler Quota, and what do I do about it?

Ted Burton October 26, 2021

I got an email from Trello saying that my board "has exceeded its monthly Butler quota. All Butler automations on Morning Show boards have stopped running until next month." I've been using Trello for years and have never seen this before. What does it mean, and what do I do about it? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

Hi @Ted Burton ,

Thanks for posting.

Please check out this Trello guide - https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas. It depends on your current plan like Free, Standard, Premium or Enterprise. Please check attached table for more details.

Please let me know that helps.

Hello Paul. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm still not sure WHAT I'm doing that's triggering this email notice. Does this maybe have something to do with trying to set one of my lists to automatically sort itself by date each day or whenever I add something to it? That's all I can think of.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

Hi @Ted Burton ,

Thanks for your prompt response. Are you in free plan?

Could you pleas check your plan first and does that exceeded the prescribed limit?

Can you please check your butler usage log  https://help.trello.com/article/1150-opening-the-butler-usage-log?

You would be able to see your quota usage from Account tab.

Like Ted Burton likes this

Hey Paul. Ok thanks for being so attentive to my question. I'm in the free plan (trying to convince my company that Trello is great and hoping they'll spring for subscriptions company-wide). So I figured out that the Butler notice has to do with a setting I made to automatically sort one of my lists regularly. So I'll sort my list manually for now. I appreciate your help...couldn't have figured out what the notice meant without your assistance.

Like Brian Gross likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2021

Thanks @Ted Burton . No worries. Could you please accept the answer if your query is solved? This would help other community members to refer this is future.

Please keep visiting and posting. Stay safe and healthy.

Like Ted Burton likes this

Answer accepted. Thanks again.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2021

@Ted Burton  - Sorry to bother you, there is a button on the response thread above. You have to click that to accept this answer. The system works like that way. Thanks.

Like Alex Waite likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events