Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to your Trello content after the free trial expires?

Adriana Cisneros Emerson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2023

I've already paid for Premium and it is set to start of Feb.7, but I want to make sure that my work from my free trial won't get lost or archived after Premium starts. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Michelotto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2023

Hey Ela,

Welcome to the Community, it's really nice to see new faces around here. :)

So, that's a very fair question! The answer is quite simple, though:

After the Premium Trial, you will lose all your Premium powers - like the ability to use board views and advanced checklists -, however, you will still have all your work at your disposal. It will only archive boards if they exceed the 10-board limit that free Workspaces have. However, you can retrieve them by unarchiving them into a different Workspace.

Hope that brings some clarity to it!

Andy McAfee April 2, 2024

@Guilherme Michelotto  Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe @Adriana Cisneros Emerson is asking a different question that what was answered.

It sounds like her scenario is that she starts a Premium trial, and during her trial period, she pays for Premium. Is the "Premium" work lost upon the transition from trial to paid?

Guilherme Michelotto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2024

Hey Andy,

Happy to add some clarity to this one since the work from the Premium trial will not be lost once the user subscribes for the Premium subscription! :)

Andy McAfee April 3, 2024

Great. I'm in the trial period now, and just wanted to confirm.

Guilherme Michelotto
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2024

Sure thing! Glad to assist.

0 votes
Linda Hyldal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

We are in a similar situation with a trial period that ends today. We are 5 users in the workspace but when I want to upgrade from trial to Premium I am billed for 7 users so I've contacted support but with no answer. Will the work we have done in premium be restored if we upgrade after the billing issue has been resolved?

Guilherme Michelotto
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2024

Hi Linda, welcome to our Community!

After the Premium Trial, you will lose all your Premium powers - like the ability to use board views and advanced checklists -, however, you will still have all your work at your disposal. It will only archive boards if they exceed the 10-board limit that free Workspaces have. However, you can retrieve them by unarchiving them into a different Workspace.

Also, if you create any Custom Field during that period, those will not be available on the free subscription, but they will come back once you subscribe to Premium again.

I'd also recommend taking a look at how Premium is billed and what are Multi-board guests!

Like Faziela Petersen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events