What happens if I remove the card repeater power-up?

Lindsey_Ross March 25, 2019

I am considering removing the card repeater power-up, because there are just so many cards in my boards now that absolutely will not die, no matter what I do. Nothing will make them go away--not archiving and deleting, not moving them to another board, not removing the repeat. It's driving l me crazy and I'm considering just removing the power-up altogether, but I'm concerned about what this will do to my cards that are currently hanging in repeat mode.

I can't see these cards because I've already told them to come back weeks or months from now. If I remove the repeater, will they land back on my board as a regular old card? Or will they disappear because they're not due to return to my board until XYZ date?

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hi @Lindsey_Ross based on this help document it looks like the cards will be saved, in case you reactivate the power-up. I know this is frustrating as you tried everything to get that card to stop repeating, but there appears to be a work around (you may have already tried).

See the steps in this post, that way you may not have to disable it after-all. However if you do disable it and re-enable it, it may fix the mysterious bug of the un-dying cards.

https://help.trello.com/article/1068-using-the-card-repeater-power-up

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2019

Hi @Lindsey_Ross what happened to the cards when you removed the power-up?

Thanks,

Jodi

Lindsey_Ross April 1, 2019

They did finally stop repeating when I removed the power-up, now I'm just trying to make sure I don't accidentally delete them since I know they won't be coming back now!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2019

Thanks @Lindsey_Ross I am glad they finally stopped repeating. I wonder if you turned it back on if the bug would be resolved (eg. be able to stop the repetition on the cards).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events