Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened with official trello extansion

Tomasz Mróz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2021

Hi, I've been using the official Trello google extension which allows me to add cards without switching tabs to trello. Suddenly the extension disappears from My top, chrome bar and there is no information on the internet about what happened.  

The question is:
1. What happened to the official extension? 
2. Is there another extension that allows you to add cards from the chrome top bar?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2021

1. Google delisted it and required us to make changes to it that we haven’t been able to prioritize 

2. yes - this crew that makes a ton of useful Trello stuff did one: https://powerups.club/

Most of the functionality of the extension is now included in trello itself.

To find a board: hit 'b' and type the board name on any trello page

To add a card: visit https://trello.com/add-card and customize it however you want and add to your browser menubar.

Greg May November 27, 2021

Michael,

A couple of questions:

1. Did you send any notice to your users? I don't see anything about it on the Trello blog and I do not remember receiving an email.

2. A message in the extensions manager window for my browsers (Edge and Brave) says "This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy." My extension was working fine until a few days ago when it automatically turned off in Brave and Edge. It still works when I turn it back on, but . . . is it safe to do so? Did Google de-list it because of security vulnerabilities?

Just Resisting
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2021

I would appreciate an answer to this as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events