Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your favourite Trello Power Ups to support remote working?

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

Hi everyone! 

I'm asking this question out of curiosity to be honest. With the increase in remote working across the world I was wondering which Trello power ups have become even more important to you (and your team) and why? 

We are planning to write a blog post on this and share our own experiences and opinions but rather than it being written with just our own perspective, I'm curious to find out your thoughts and experiences. There may even be power ups we are not using but could make a difference to our day-to-day work. 

Really appreciate anyone giving their thoughts and feedback!

Many thanks,
Craig

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

@Craig Willson _AppFox_ I've been working remotely for a long time and helping clients do the same, the thing that always moves the needle for clients in terms of improving remote work is better asynchronous communication between team members. The number one way to achieve that is to create a shared email environment where they can collaborate on external email, without using email themselves.

There are a few options for this in Trello:

1) My product, BenkoDesk, lets people use Trello as a Gmail client for a shared account (like team@, hello@, info@ and so on):

http://www.benkodesk.com/

I also have BenkoBoard for individual email and personal task management.

2) SendBoard lets you forward emails into their system and reply directly from Trello cards:

https://sendboard.com/

3) and Hipporello lets you run a service desk with customers submitting queries via forms:

https://hipporello.com/

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2020

@Iain Dooley - thanks for sharing. This is a great idea!

I think as time goes on and people use more and more tools to manage their daily work, the need for tools and systems to work in harmony with each other will only increase. The benefits of being able to stay in one or two systems/tools that are integrated with a wealth of others would only benefit team working and collaboration.

Your option of integrating email is a great example of this!

Trello has been a great tool for managing our project work and it's always good to see so many Power Ups available to help people customize it to meet their needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts it's appreciated. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events