Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are workspaces, and why is there no link inside the menacing May the 26th notification?

Slobodan May 12, 2021

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that linking a tutorial of a sort or some sort of an explanation what the Workspaces are would be beneficial to the people actually using Trello every day. For example 

>Get started with Trello Workspaces: add your boards to a Workspace now, or let it happen automatically starting May 26th. What are Workspaces and how do they work?

(The linked stuff doesn't exist. Why not?)

Since I didn't want to wait for the 26th of May for the change to happen, I clicked on the green Start button. And was immediately confused. Where are all the boards which I can access? Why is there only one board available to me (Welcome)?

My team (of 5-6 people) has 19 boards among them, and I have access to all of them (I have created 2-3 of them).  Within all of those boards, I can create lists, add cards, archive lists, archive cards, edit the things I've created, and so on. Unfortunately, I can not add any of these boards to the workspace I created (called it Main, for lack of a better name).

I went to the list of the boards (little house icon in the top left corner of Trello interface), thinking that I could simply drag and drop the boards to the newly made Main workspace. Of course, I was wrong.

Finally, my question(s). How can I add the boards which I have access to (who the creator of the boards or what the type of access is is irrelevant) to my newly created Main workspace? Why do I need the Workspaces, and why can't I continue to use Trello in the manner I 'm currently using it.

1 answer

1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi @Slobodan 👋

Welcome to the Community! I like you jumped ahead with the transition to workspaces and I want to assure you it does get easier it's just quite a big change at the time.

To help with your questions I would suggest reading a few support articles by Trello, the first one being 'Moving to Workspaces' along with:

You can find all Trello articles relating to Workspaces here

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Slobodan May 14, 2021

Hi, Laura. Thank you for the links. I've found the bit which I'm unclear about.

There are some personal boards that I cannot move. Why not?

You will only be asked to migrate personal boards you are an admin of.

What happens with the boards of which I'm not the admin? Will I still be able to access them after the automatic switch to Workspaces?

What about moving some of them to a specific Workspace?  I have tried doing it manually, but I'm unable to transfer any of my personal boards to the newly created Workspace.

If I manage to move a board to my Workspace, will that impact anything on how the boards are displayed for other users (will they see it as a part of my Workspace, or will it stay in their Workspace)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events