Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are best Trello practices for 200+ projects, 40+ people (assets, deadlines, tasks, checklists,)

Paige_Strong May 12, 2020

We are setting up Trello for a LOT of projects and people. The projects vary, the people on the projects vary, the tasks and check lists vary. I need to add deadlines, task lists, check lists, board sharing, progress reporting by tasks or dates, Start/stop project calendar charts,  traffic deadline list, links to assets and project descriptions and more.  I need sorting per person's tasks, per job type, per deadlines etc. 

We have the Business Class version. I have been reviewing the Power ups and there are a lot which is great but overwhelming. I am trying to determine which I need (some have one function and others have multiple that include that one function). Is there a suggested way to review these power ups and determine which will work best for our needs? 

We also have a board setup for a BUNCH of smaller projects and some boards that break down a BIG project. And I have a lot more projects to put in after I know we are setting it up right for this much stuff.  (These project types are marketing/advertising: websites, web updates, print materials, social posts, videos, etc).

Any suggestions for power ups? 

Any suggestions for the best way to set this up correctly from the beginning for best workflow and results? 

THANKS!

2 answers

1 vote
Simon Perkins May 13, 2020

You might also want to check out Unito https://unito.io/. It may not be suitable for a lot of your boards but you may find it really helps out with workflow/visibility across on others.

I'm using it to sync a bunch of individual project boards to a master board (all of which use a modified Kanban model). Unito enables me to see only what I need to see when I need to see if on the one master board. Really impressed so far, and when coupled with Butler, it streamlines so many tasks that make Trello a cool place to hang out in.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

@Paige_Strong basically what you want to do is have a "board of boards" where each card links to a board for each project.

Then for all the planning/dates and project managery type stuff, the best tool is Placker which allows you to create dependencies and gantt charts broken down by member, label, board and so on.

You can use Butler to automate stuff, but for managing lots and lots of boards, you might find you need some functionality not available in Butler, but in those cases you can use the API directly. I created a Butler-like library for automating Trello with Google Apps Script which you can read about here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Other power ups that might be useful are Hello Epics, Crmble, Custom Fields, Calendar, Google Drive, Dropbox.

You might also be interested in this method of sub-tasking with Butler that I wrote about here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Paige_Strong May 13, 2020

THANK YOU so much! This definitely helps. I will be working on it more this afternoon. I'll be back when I have more questions :) 

Appreciate your input!

Paige

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events