Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook Issues

Hi,

I am building a Clone Card Sync APP using PHP and webhooks. Facing 2 problems.

1) While updating a checkItem position, it seems Trello triggers muliple checkItem webhook actions, seeming an indefinite loop while updating their clones. How to stop it?

2) Also, it looks, while changing the position of whole CheckList, no webhook action is received.

Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2019

@Outright Systems Pvt. Ltd. -Administrator- the loop is no doubt caused by the fact that when you update the position to match the moved card, this will trigger a second webhook and thus update the position on the original card, which will trigger another webhook and so on.

One option would be to ignore moves made using the token that is calling the API but if that's not possible you could fetch the current state of the checklist and only make the API call to move the item if the order of items doesn't already match.

As for item 2, I can confirm that I'm not receiving any webhook notification for a checklist position move, this sounds like something you should submit as an API feature request.

How to put API feature request?

and Sorry for my bad ethics, Thanks for answering Quickly 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2019

@Outright Systems Pvt. Ltd. -Administrator- no worries I usually just email support@trello.com

Done , Thanks @Iain Dooley 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events