Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was The Button To Search And Insert Card Links In Comments Removed??

jernst April 26, 2023

The old comment form had a button that let you search your Trello cards and insert them into the comment as a link.  Was this button removed??  Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Renato Fagaraz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2023

I understand that you're missing the link attachment button in the comment section. This is due to the new editor rollout we're implementing. The idea behind it is to provide additional customization options for text, but I see it actually disturbed some of your workflows. This gradual rollout process is also why some people can see the old buttons, and some can't.

To attach Trello cards, you can still do that by clicking on Attachment > Trello. Additionally, if you prefer the old editor, you can undo the recent changes by going to https://trello.com/w/labs and disabling the "WYSIWYG Editing."

Since this is a missing feature that we had before changing text editors, I believe it would serve as good feedback to our engineering team to include this back. If you don't mind, I'd like to use this post to open internal feedback on this matter.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

jernst August 8, 2023

Is there any update on adding the insert card feature into the new editor?  The new editor is nice, but the insert card tool is pretty essential for our workflow. Thanks!

Renato Fagaraz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2023

Hey!

I really get where you're coming from! The "insert card" tool has been quite essential for many, and it's great to hear feedback on features you find valuable.

While I'd love to give you a specific update on the feature being added into the new editor, we can't divulge exact details on what our development team is currently focused on or the progress of specific features.

In the meantime, a potential workaround is using the attachment button on the card, located right beside the description editor, as that will allow you to search and attach cards directly from there.

I hope this helps, even if just a bit!

Like jernst likes this
jernst August 8, 2023

Perfect workaround Renato!!  This works great!  Just have to attach the desired card and then can copy the link and remove it.  Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events