Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing all due dates in one place?

Bradley Irish June 21, 2023

Hi, I have another newbie question, as I attempt to decide whether Trello will work for my projects.  

Is there an easy way to view ALL your due dates across the system in one place?   I know how to view due dates in a Calendar workspace -- but those only can accommodate 20 boards, and I have more than 20 projects on individual boards, so things inevitably get left out.  Is there one central place where I can view due dates for all my projects, across every board I make?  This is somewhat vital to making the platform usable for me, as I need to be able to get a birds-eye view of my work.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2023

Bradley, you can create a Dashcard, which will give you the bird's eye view that you are looking for. See this: https://blog.trello.com/dashcards-powerup

For example, I have a dashcard that shows me all the cards that are assigned "to me" and have a due date "in the future". When I click on it, it shows me details of all my cards (across all my boards) in a table format, which I can easily sort by due date.

Dashcard.png

Bradley Irish June 24, 2023

Thank you!  This is perfect!

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

How do you have your boards set up?  I find that a per-project approach isn't necessarily the best way to represent your activities in Trello. 

Based on my decade of Trello experience, when coming across a company with lots of concurrent projects, I would create a single project board with all of the projects detailed in a simple structure like:

Not Started > In Progress > Completed

Say you had 3 teams working on the 20+ projects, you would have a board per team.

I will call them Team 1, Team 2 and Team 3 

On the project board, I would then inside those project cards use checklists to represent the tasks within the projects, as an example, if you had all 3 teams working on Project A, you would have a checklist for Team 1, Team 2 and Team 3.  The tasks you put in the checklists would automatically be converted to linked cards on Team boards.

Automation would tag the items on the Team boards with the Project name so you can easily filter per project and when items get completed on the team board, it would automatically check the item off in the project card.

This takes you down from 20+ boards to 4 in this example, which you can then use Table or Calendar view to see the dates, which you would filter by project name. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events