Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View attachments offline in mobile app?

dominiktr September 3, 2019

Hi,

is it the normal behavior, that I can't see attachments in trello cards, if I don't have internet access?

1 answer

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

Hi there,

I was also curious about this. Seems that what you describe is normal behavior. 

When I look in Board settings, under the "Available offline" checkbox, I see that "Card attachments will not be available."

Confirmed here:

https://trello.com/c/GPkmWJUW/472-make-a-board-available-offline

(Note that card attachments will not be available offline unless they have been already loaded.)

And some interesting technical discussion here:

https://tech.trello.com/sync-offline-attachments/

Can you try loading your attachments while you have internet connection and then going offline?

I just tested it out and it worked for me. 

Carolyn

dominiktr September 3, 2019

Hi Carolyn, 

thx for the answer, but where do I find the checkbox "Available offline"? If I go to board settings in my iOS app, there is no such checkbox?

settings.jpg

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

I think maybe it's a legacy checkbox, because I seem to be able to view all the boards offline even if they don't have that box checked. 🤔

I'm on the android app, so I'll be seeing a different UI than you (I added the label "ios" to your question in case other people swing by with ios answers).

Like Kat Warner likes this
dominiktr September 4, 2019

It could be an iOS only issue. :(

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

I'll ask if the Atlassians to weigh in on this mystery for us :)

Caroline Brookfield September 20, 2020

I am also curious about this.  I made a card and took photos of some hiking guide information.  I wasn't able to access this offline.  When I got back to town I found the settings to make that board available offline.  To test, I put my phone in airplane mode and couldn't access the attachment.  However, if I went back on wifi and opened the attachment, when I went back into airplane mode I was able to open the attached photo.

So, if I make a card with some photos, then open each photo while connected, does it makes sense that I could subsequently open them offline?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events