Using 'sort by new' on the app and also mass-labeling

jlehman256 March 30, 2022

Hello, when I use 'sort by new' on a list on the android app, a little recycle symbol appears on the cards, what does this mean? Also, is there a way to select multiple cards and apply a certain label color to them? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @jlehman256 ! Welcome to the community :) I'm not getting the same result when I sort lists by age. Are you able to share a screenshot?

As for bulk actions to cards, there is a power-up that will do this for you called Bulk Actions. I don't believe you can use it on the mobile app though. 

Is there any sort of pattern around when cards should be bulk labeled? Potentially butler automation could help here? For example, you could create a rule that applies labels to cards based on a certain trigger. 

jlehman256 March 30, 2022

Hi Hannah thanks for the warm welcome! Unfortunately my computer got too old to use the browser version of trello which I used all the time, and it won't load...but thats when I discovered the app and that's way more helpful for my adhd or whatever cuz I can keep it with me and have reminder on my home screen haha. I'm not sure how to screenshot on my phone though. I don't THINK butler is on the app, but if it is, the rule would be before I knew about labels I would prefix tasks with like MUS: task for music-based things, MOV: for video stuff etc. I just found I could filter by that but eh I already went through and labeled everything, just thought it'd be good to know for next time. I THINK I know what the recycling sign is now, had something to do with syncing, but syncing what? There is just a button in the app menu for syncing but I don't know what it's doing...if I could use the browser version still I assume it is changing that with the changes I made on the phone?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Potentially, yes, it's syncing with the browser version of Trello. There is the downloadable desktop app which might work a bit better with your computer? 

To speed things up, you could create a butler rule that says "when a card's title begins with "MUS", apply the "Music" label. The only thing is it won't work retroactively. That would work on the mobile app, but you'll just need to set up the rule in the web or desktop app. If you're not able to download the desktop version, you could use Trello on your phone's browser - it's just not as user friendly as the mobile app, but it could be useful for the purpose of setting up/managing butler commands, or using the bulk actions power up. 

Like jlehman256 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events