It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using Trello offline

I can use Trello offline on my smartphone, but not on my Windows based laptop. Is there a fix for that?
Thanks.!
Uri

8 answers

8 votes
torben Atlassian Team May 22, 2017

Currently the offline mode is only available in our mobile apps. The desktop version via trello.com requires an active internet connection. I'll register your interest in this with our team.

I have the same problem. Sometimes, we have problems with internet connection, and all of my plans and programs on Trello are unavailable for me. I am completely freezed. 

Is there any way to use Trello offline on Windows PC? Or even to enter my plans?

@torben is there any (approximate/ballpark) timeline on when offline functionality will be available on the Mac OS desktop version?

@torbenI find offline functionality on desktops essential to continuing to use the service

Like # people like this

Any news on this, it would be great for my team and I to use the desktop app offline (or while connected to a VPN) and have it sync once reconnected.

I'd love offline Windows desktop version, too. Since I'm often at places where there's no internet connection, but need access to my Trello boards.

Third and fourth!

Fifth, this would be incredibly useful!

I need this also and am surprised to find that it is not available. Goodness.

Same here - an offline version is desperately needed

The offline Iphone version only works up to a certain extent, because a lot of my powerups don't work on the Iphone. When I added the desktop version of Trello to my Macbook, I mistakenly thought it would have offline capability. I would love to see this happen! 

I'm wondering though, what is even the purpose of a desktop version? Don't both the web and desktop versions do the same thing?

I'd love to see offline working on MacOS as well

Same request here. I need to pick an app for my company to work with, the fact that desktop version does not work off line is a downer. Kind of strange when the mobile app does. Is this going to be changed? 

Same here!!  Offline mode for my desktop is essential.  

1 vote

Almost 2 years since the request was made, any updates from Trello team ?? I find it absolutely meaningless that a desktop app can't be used once internet connection is lost or unstable!

I have never seen a productivity solution that makes itself unavailable like this! Please don't cite mobile apps because I just need the desktop app to fully take advantage of Trello.

We are waiting for your updates! 

1 vote

I work with a global team and am often in the air trying to follow up an dprepare for other aspects. Not having access on my desktop device means I'm really limited to what I can acheive especially when travelling can be up to 20 hours or more. And the cost of data in the air is prohibitive.

We need an offline version quickly otherwise I'll have to return to multiple applications which allow me to work offline.

0 votes

Same for me. I'm commuting a lot and internet access is often shaky, so working offline and getting stuff sync as soon as being back online is a must have for.

Will look for a Trello alternative but actually would love to stick with Trello - if an offline mode would be supported.

0 votes

Does anyone from Trello even care about this ridiculously trivial feature request ? The last message from the Trello team dated back to.. May 2017! Shall we start looking for an alternative that just fulfills this basic need ?! 

My feeling is no. I haven't seen it discussed on any of the public boards they post to. Between this issue, the need to card sync and the need to make certain cards private on team boards, Trello has become a real source of frustration for me and is actually beginning to make my work even more complicated. I'm continuing to use the product, holding out hope that they will get it together, but at the same time I'm starting to shop for other options that might suit me better. 

Like Khalil Gdoura likes this

Any luck on an alternative?  No offline is really issue for me.

I think I might have! I came across the app Notion a few days ago. It seems really promising and I was able to copy all of my boards over in a few minutes. That way I can test them out simultaneously. 

I plan on playing with it in depth while I’m on vacation next week. 

A few things I really like so far: 

1. Offline functionality, both on my phone and laptop. 

2. You have the ability to use either a card layout similar to Trello or an outline style like Todoist.

3. It seems like it will work really well with my google calendar and gmail. I’m hoping it works with Outlook and MS as my company is planning on switching in the future. 

4. There don’t seem to be a ton of extra fees for additional features. I’m a Trello Gold member, but it’s frustrating af, to have a 3 power up limitation. I have 15+ boards which at most use 1 power up, but my main dashboard uses all 3 and I could easily use 3 more given the opportunity. Charging me extra to make my boards flow seamlessly when I’m already paying and i know they’ve no plans to help their customers is frustrating. 

I will try to update later on! If anyone has an opinion about Trello vs Notion, please let me know! 

Thank you for that. I am also offline worker with team of four people. I need to open my notebook in elsewhere in the forest, with no data, no smart phone, ... just work on my work. I am going to test is also.

Ludek

Even Notion is not so "pretty" as Trello. Offline client for PC is great and free version in enough for my projects. Even it is not so minimalistic and simple as trello... I can use it! Trello is perfect, but... cannot use it, I have stop using it.

If some one has another tip what kaban tool is promissing like the Notion. please suggest. thank you.

0 votes
Klm B I'm New Here yesterday

Hello, please i am just waiting for an offline app for windows to be able to switch 100% to trello for my projects. I will gladly pay the offline app if i can use it without worry to have internet all the time. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community! Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will hel...

153 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you