Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Repeat Power-up in Templates, and then amending them

James Pigott May 24, 2022

Hi, this is going to merge many ideas into one here.

I use templates of checklists that I want to repeat on an annual basis (for clients on anniversaries).  I have set up a template of specific checklists for each client and then archived it so it is hidden.  Each year, in the past, it has popped a new ToDo onto my board and I use Automation to set the Due Date (best method I have found).  This all went well until some of the checklists etc. were no longer needed, and some new ones were.  I amended the template in the Archive, BUT... the next year I got the same old list of ToDos.  If it is not the template that needs changing then what please?  The last ToDo?  It is only the template that has the Repeat Power-up.  Confused, and thanks in advance.

PS I have about 150 of these.

2 answers

0 votes
James Pigott May 26, 2022

Hi @Nathan Smith .  The card looks like the template that was created for the client, with the repeat setup for it.  The list though, does not look long enough!  Maybe some of the cards are not on this list, but I don't know what that could mean.  Any ideas?  I will keep an eye on this, as we are just entering the 12m since last amended template, and it may be that some were missed.  I'll bear in mind the reboot theory for the repeater.

Many thanks for your reply,

James

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Hi @James Pigott 

There could be a few reasons this could happen, when you say the list doesn't look long enough, is this a list that all your cards are repeated to? If you're able to find which cards are missing, it might be possible for you to search your board for these and find old versions to check if a repeat is set up for them or not.

James Pigott June 6, 2022

Thanks for this. My cards are repeating, just some are following the new template and some aren't.  The repeat is set for the Archived card, and it is set out as per the new layout.  I am giving it more time in case this is just an issue with the switching over.  It does look like it is getting better, so it could be a human issue!

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

Hi @James Pigott , 

As long as the card you want to create still exists it should repeat without any issues, even if the card is archived. If the archived card is up to date then it should work fine but if not removing the repeat and re-creating it should fix this for you.

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Hi @James Pigott 

Nathan here from Trello Support.

Sorry to hear about this! Can I get you to click on the Repeats button at the top of your board and select your yearly repeat card from this list - is this one of the cards that was created from the template or is it the template that has the repeat setup on it?

If this is the template, can you try removing the repeat and re-adding it to see if this fixes this for you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events